Your Country: Canada Official Languages: English, French
5 things that in your mind define your country:
- Multi-culturalism - Freedom - Compassion - Hockey - Social support (what I mean by this is that if there's a rich province they help out the poorer provinces, there's "free" Health care for the citizens, support for education, etc.)
5 things that you love most about your country:
- the many cultures and the freedom we give to people to keep their cultures (rarely discourage them) - there are certain times when the country comes together (for example: to support our hockey teams) - the nature of our parks and landscapes - the freedom for everyone to be themselves - the commitment we have for improving the world around us
If someone was to visit your country what places/events would you suggest them to see:
- the Rocky Mountians - Bay of Fundy - Stratford Festival (Shakespeare) - some of our Historical Forts and Indian Villages
2 things people wouldn't normally think of about your country:
- we have many nations within Canada (Quebecois, Aboriginals, Inuit, etc.) - There are parts in Canada that rarely get snow (most of us don't live in igloos)
2 things people think about your country that you feel is a misrepresentation of what your country is really like:
- alot of people think of Canada as following what the US wants, we don't - we don't all speak French, there are only 2 provinces that have French as an official language (Quebec's only official language is French and New Brunswick is a biligual province - English and French)
What does your country mean to you?
Canada is my home. I love our commitment to justice, our compassion for the world, and our respect for each other. I take pride in being able to say that I'm a Canadian.